Saturday, August 11, 2012

Meet Laurence St.John


I write because I love writing. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t be doing it. If I happen to make a living at writing, that will be just a plus. When I sit at my computer and write I become so excited on the content I lose track of time.
I am endlessly inspired by my three grand-kids Kendall, Eli and Sadie. I write for them as well as my wife Julie, my son Joe and his wife Cari, and my daughter Jan her husband Andrew. Lastly, I write for my audience, the readers.

When my first granddaughter, Kendall, “Papa’s Angel” was born, this was one of the most uplifting moments of my life. This was one of the few times I actually cried in my life that I can remember other than when my father passed away. As I held her in my arms, she stared back at me with her precious smile. It was at this time when my emotions were running wild; I became inspired as well as determined to write my penned-up thoughts on paper. I decided to follow my true bliss, as some say and to write my first book. I also wanted Kendall to be proud of me; her Papa.
 
I am very passionate about writing books targeted toward young people but believe people of all ages will love my writing.  I am a father and grandfather but I still feel, and sometimes think of myself as a kid.

            While growing up, I was inspired, enthralled, intrigued and fascinated when I read fantasy, science fiction, superhero, and action adventure books. This is why I love writing middle grade fiction/fantasy novels. It is my deepest aspiration that Metatron: The Angel Has Risen will carry you away and inspire you the way so many awesome books have inspired me.

Laurence

No comments:

Post a Comment